Friday, September 30, 2016

31DC2016 Day 30: Staggered Gradient


Yassssss! The 31 Day Challenge is so close to being over! I wish I could say this month has just flown by but I felt like the end would never come. I've been looking forward to this day for another reason though. Today's prompt is "inspired by a tutorial" and I've anxiously waited to try this tutorial by My Simple Little Pleasures.


I was so fascinated when I first saw Colette's staggered gradient mani. I wanted to try it right away but put it off because I knew it would be time consuming. It actually didn't take as much time as I thought it would, but I wish I had slowed down a little to be more precise. I thought I had done a pretty good job but after I got my two coats of top coat on (one didn't smooth it out all the way), my strips seemed to shrink a bit and separate. If I do this again in the future I'm going to try overlapping them just a little so that doesn't happen.



What I used:
A England Cathy- light gray
A England Wuthering Heights- medium gray
A England Sleeping Palace- deep purple gray
Seche Vite top coat


Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014- One Stroke Petals
31 Day Challenge 2013- Geometric Decals


I'm disappointed that these didn't come out as awesome as I had hoped. If you squint at the photos they look much better. At least I didn't go wrong with the polished I chose. These three A England shades are three of my favorites in my whole collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!