Monday, September 12, 2016

31DC2016 Day 12: Autumn Rays


Hello again! Do you have a favorite mani from the 31 Day Challenge so far? It's hard for me to choose, but today's is somewhere near the top for me. It is so satisfying to have a plan in mind and then deliver the final product exactly as imagined! That doesn't happen often enough so I have to revel in it when it does. 


To create these stripes I started off with my nude base color. Then I placed a section of straight nail vinyls onto my UberMat, and removed alternating strips of vinyl. Doing it this saves a lot of time and insured perfectly straight lines. Then I painted different shades of polish onto the mat, between the strips. Directly after that I removed the strips so that only lines of polish were left on my mat. Once those were dry I removed them one by one and placed them on my nail. I used scissors to trim the excess, then acetone and a clean up brush to make them fit even closer on the nail. Then I finished it off with an application of top coat. Super easy process and it didn't take too long either!


What I used:
piCture pOlish
Cherish- pale nude
piCture pOlish Merge- taupe
piCture pOlish Paris- coral
piCture pOlish Rose- red/pink
piCture pOlish Demeter- brown


Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014- Stripes and Blue Floral
31 Day Challenge 2013- Art Deco Stripes


I love the Autumn feel to this mani. And the lines are as crisp as the falling leaves and cool air!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!